rlm_sql logging results

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Apr 16 15:35:13 CEST 2016

On Apr 15, 2016, at 10:16 PM, Laura Steynes <laura.steynes72 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I see now, it does not re-use any existing connections, each new user
> creates new spare, even if they are the only one authing, this keeps
> happening until max spares is reached, then it seems to re-use the
> connections, very strange indeed,

  That's not what's happening.  When you set idle_timeout, the server closes idle connections.

  The rest of the "pool" configuration items work as documented.

> since you recommend to silence previous
> "errors" we use  no idle timeout which I presume would fix the  new spares
> problem, and seems disconnecting  again adds new spares, I suppose thats
> for accounting though.

  Setting idle_timeout to zero means it won't close idle sessions.

  Again, this is all documented.  Don't guess how the server works.  Read the documentation.  It's correct, and up to date.

  Alan DEKok.