ldap configuration & the mysterious filter ="(uid=%u)"

Walter Moore moorewr at eckerd.edu
Tue Feb 9 21:30:11 CET 2016

OK, Alan, you clearly made your choice.

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 3:25 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2016, at 3:20 PM, Walter Moore <moorewr at eckerd.edu> wrote:\
> > Does it make more sense to see why people who make good faith efforts to
> > follow your documentation are having problems and improve the product?
>
>   Did I *immediately* fix the Wiki?
>
>   Yes?
>
>   Then don't castigate me for not improving the product.
>
> > Or
> > should you make negative assumptions, and blame and castigate them for
> > their efforts to follow installation instructions?
>
>   Did the instructions on the wiki say to blow away your configuration,
> and replace it with the one from the Wiki?
>
>   No?
>
>   Then don't tell me you followed instructions.
>
>   This list is for people who want to solve problems.  If you're going to
> complain about people helping you, then no one here will help you.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Walter R. Moore --  Sr. Systems Administrator, Eckerd College
moorewr at eckerd.edu --  http://home.eckerd.edu/~moorewr

"It was glorious to see -- if your heart were iron,
And you could keep from grieving at all the pain" - The Iliad (13.355)

I'm on twitter: http://twitter.com/moorewreckerd

***Reminder! ITS will never ask you to e-mail your password!***