Error building Freeradius 3.0.11 in OpenSuse 13.1

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Feb 16 20:06:28 CET 2016

Daniel Lopez wrote:
> Hello. I'm trying to build last version of freeradius  in Opensuse 13.1.
> After installing all needed dependences I started to build freeradius:
>
> rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/packages/SPECS/freeradius.spec
>
> But it gives to me this error message:

Actually there's pretty good support for FreeRADIUS in openSUSE. ;-)

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/network/freeradius-server/freeradius-server.changes?expand=1

I've enabled openSUSE 13.1 builds in my OBS home project:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:stroeder:branches:network/freeradius-server

It might take some time until this repo is filled with the RPMs:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/stroeder:/branches:/network/openSUSE_13.1

If you don't trust my builds for such a security sensitive software then you can
build all this stuff locally on your own system still using the package above.

Ciao, Michael.