Modules - dictionary

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Feb 18 03:44:33 CET 2016

On Feb 17, 2016, at 6:32 PM, Oscar Jofre <oscar at jofre.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to understand how to configure radius Time Limit, Data download
> Limit, .. On a FreeRadius 3.0.10 using mysql and Mikrotik.

  It should be fairly simple.

> First of all I wold like to know about to configure mikrotik dictionary
> (http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:RADIUS_Client/vendor_dictionary)

  Don't do anything.  FreeRADIUS includes the mikrotik dictionary.

  Do NOT edit the dictionaries, or add that one.  It's not necessary.

> Where I should use the dictionary attributes on modules ?

  Any you need to send an attribute in a reply.

> Then on mods-available there is sqlcounter with some configurations.

  The server includes lots of modules.  They are all documented, and they all describe what they do.

> Is there any other examples somewhere ?

  Dozens.

  Read "man unlang", and then read raddb/sites-available/default.  There are LOTS of examples of adding and using attributes.

> And is it possible to create some group of users with deferents restrictions

  Yes.  See the wiki for SQL.  You can put groups into SQL.  Or in LDAP.  Or in local files.