FreeRADIUS with Cassandra

Paul Devins paul at easy-wifi.co.uk
Thu Feb 25 12:45:55 CET 2016

We are trying to get FreeRADIUS 3.1 (On Ubuntu 14.04) working with a
Cassandra backend but keep encountering the issue below. We have
installed the Cassandra CPP driver as advised by a previous thread.

"/usr/local/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/sql_cassandra[9]: Failed to link to
module "rlm_cassandra": /usr/local/lib/rlm_cassandra.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory : rlm_cassandra.so:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Even if we manually link to or create the library file required we get
unknown symbol error. Has anyone had this running with Cassandra
successfully and if so any installation advice would be appreciated.