freeradius3, rlm_preprocess changed defaults without notice

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Feb 25 14:44:03 CET 2016

On Feb 25, 2016, at 8:39 AM, Boris Lytochkin <lytboris at yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> The thing is it *was not* wrong and there is no explicit notice about this change anywhere except code. I am not sure if a random freeradius user is capable of reading source code or write a rlm_ module :).

  The point is that the configuration files are meant to store the servers configuration.  If you're not tracking the server configuration in the configuration files.. that's not a good thing.

> Update documentation :).

  <shrug>  It's free to sign up to github.  Send a pull request.

  We get a LOT of people asking for changes.  I'd prefer if people *contribute* instead of asking *us* to make all of the changes.