installing freeradius error

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Sat Feb 27 06:08:59 CET 2016

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 10:52 PM, Doug Berman <dougberman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Matt
>
> I removed all instances of freerad in dpkg except for one.
>  freeradius-config.  Please can you have a look at the error and advise?

And that is EXACTLY what cause your problems. You did not purge the
package, but you removed /etc/freeradius manualy.

I don't see how you can get into that state though. running "apt-get
purge freeradius-common" should've purged freeradius-config as well.
Did you use previously use "apt-get remove" instead of "apt-get
purge"?

In any case, try Matthew's suggestion first. If THAT doesn't work,
then it's probably better to create a new VM and start from scratch,
or ask help from someone more knowledgable with debian packaging.

--
Fajar