Connect problem

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jul 1 15:07:17 CEST 2016

On Jul 1, 2016, at 8:53 AM, Henrik Kressner <kressner at synkro.dk> wrote:
> Not at the same time. I cleaned totally before I installed from source.

  That's good.

> No, I followed the comments in the users file, and removed the # as I showed.

  Except that the server doesn't ship with an example "bob" in the "users" file.

  Which version are you using?

> Now I commentet it out again, and put it in the top of the user file, no change.

  It works for everyone else...

>>   And did you READ the debug output?  It shows which entry in the "users" file was matched.  Did you CHECK that it matched the entry you want it to match?
>
> What do you mean by entry, I can't find an explanaition, but the term is used a lot.

  Read the debug output.  Look for the word "entry".  Look also for the "users".

  When the server looks at the "users" file, it says so right in the debug output.  All you need to do is READ it.

> Is this a entry ?
>
> (53) server inner-tunnel

  Does that look like it's matching something in the "users" file?

> I did'nt do anything that was not explecitly describes in the hoot:

  If I follow the FAQ, it works.

> I just read 4 RFC's, and a lot of files, but I dont understand, thats why I ask.

  Did I suggest reading the RFCs?  No?

  Did I suggest reading the debug output?  Yes?

> What does NT/LM-Password mean, and why does it tell me:
>
> (53) mschap: WARNING: No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create NT-Password
> (53) mschap: WARNING: No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create LM-Password

  I told you why that message comes out.

> when the top of the users file say:
>
> bob     Cleartext-Password := "hello"

  I told you how to check if the server was using / reading the "users" file, and matching that.

> As far as I can see, i tryed following the official howto, then I tryed to follow the hints in the files, then I read this: https://www.ossramblings.com/RADIUS-3.X-Server-on-Ubuntu-14.04-for-WIFI-Auth

  Random third-party documentation is almost always wrong.

  Perhaps you should follow instructions on this list instead of reading random things on the net.

> And of course, I got good help from this list, but now I am stuck.

  Post the debug output here as suggested in the FAQ, "man" page, web pages, and daily on this list.

  I'll bet that the problem is simple, and is explained in the debug output.  All that is required is for someone to read it.