Load-balancing LDAP

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Fri Jul 15 12:48:59 CEST 2016

Hi,

it's not Alan's fault - all messages containing LDAP URI, that is

l d a p : / / ...

without the spaces. Thunderbird usually parses URLs and underlines them
so you can click on URLs in plaintext messages. Something must be going
wrong there.

Now that's probably enough for someone to write an exploit for it :-/

Stefan

Am 15.07.2016 um 12:32 schrieb Jonathan Gazeley:
> Yes, crashes for me too with Thunderbird 45 on Linux. Seems to be Alan's
> email :( Also observed with older versions of Thunderbird, too.
>
> Alan, are you doing any funky signing, etc?
>
> Cheers,
> Jonathan
>

> On 15/07/16 11:29, Paul Thornton wrote:
>>>
>>> OT here: does anyone else using Thunderbird have crashing problems when
>>> trying to read an unknown one of the three messages in this thread?
>>
>> Yes, I saw this as well.  Thunderbird version 45.2.0 on MacOS X 10.11.5
>>
>> I was cursing and blaming El Capitan as I'd recently upgraded my laptop
>> (finally) from Mavericks, I take it all back now.  Well, some of it :)
>>
>> Paul.
>> -
>> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Stefan WINTER