Freeradius3 radtest with test user steve not working.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jun 9 03:47:02 CEST 2016

On Jun 8, 2016, at 6:39 PM, Michael Pugliese <cosby7891 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I uncommented the line
> steve Cleartext-Password := "testing"
>
> and restarted the server.

  You did rather a lot more than that.

> In case starting the server with -XX helps:

  Use "radiusd -X", as documented in the FAQ, "man" page, web pages, and pretty much daily on this list.

> Wed Jun  8 22:34:04 2016 : Debug: (1) Empty authorize section.  Using
> default return values.
> Wed Jun  8 22:34:04 2016 : ERROR: (1) No Auth-Type found: rejecting the
> user via Post-Auth-Type = Reject

  You edited the configuration files and broke them.  Don't do that.

  Start with the default configuration.  THEN uncomment the "steve" entry.

  It WILL work.

  You've gone through and destroyed the entire configuration.  I don't know why, but it's the root cause of the problems you're seeing.