Correct way to achieve groups of users and confirm access to specific clients

Bernd bnacht at web.de
Wed Jun 22 09:49:47 CEST 2016

Hello,

I run a FreeRADIUS Ver.:2.1.1. (as it come with SLES11)

Configured as User-Source are LDAP (eDir) and the text file (users).
There are a lot of clients in the client file. (I assume they are called
NAS in RADIUS?!)

Now I want to achieve that users are in groups and these groups should
access only specific clients.

I know that I can setup group(s) in LDAP and restrict RADIUS to search
for those users only which are member of this group(s)

Q1:
But for which words I have to search to group my text file users?

Q2:
Is it possible to configure more than one LDAP section to achieve that
different LDAP groups get access to specific clients? Or what is the
correct way?

TiA

Bernd