Accounting interim data delta

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jun 27 15:18:45 CEST 2016

On Jun 26, 2016, at 7:42 AM, liran kessel <lirankessel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated, and I am sure I like many others ask questions which feel “dumb” and I apologise.
> I am not trying to be spoon-fed everything , and i understand and know how to do things in the DB.

  That's good.

> from my understanding freeradius doesn’t just insert, it inserts, or updates depending on if its a new session or an existing one, and thats why I asked if there was a way to do it before insert rather than within the DB.

   And does any of that subtract one number from another?  Did you *read* the SQL queries for those inserts / updates to see what they did?

  This is one of my biggest frustrations on the list.  I would prefer for people to read the existing docs and/or configuration files.  Instead, many people ask questions which are answered there.

  Well... *read* the config files to see what the inserts / updates do.  If you know SQL, it should take you 5 minutes to see that they *don't* do subtraction.  Doing so is faster than asking a question on the list.  And, you get to learn more about how the server works, which is good.

  Asking simple questions just comes across as you want me to do work, and that you're not willing to do it.  That's a large part of why many of my responses here are "think for yourself, and read the docs / config files".