Trying to restrict simultaneous-use

Michael Martinez mwtzzz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 00:09:20 CET 2016

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>    At this point, I'm going to have to suggest you read the docs on Simultaneous-Use.  See the wiki.  It explains all of this in detail.

According to the wiki, snmp is needed by checkrad, so I installed it
and added /usr/bin/snmpget to the snmpget variable in the script. Now
remember I am trying to simulate Simultaneous-Use from localhost. I'm
wondering whether this is possible, because if I define localhost as
nastype "other", the checkrad ignores it and the server returns
Access-Accept. If I put some other nas_type value such as "cisco" then
checkrad tries to look up the MIB so that it can connect via snmpget.
I don't want to have to set up snmpd on my localhost just to test
this. Is there any other way?

--
---
Michael Martinez