Acct-Interim-Interval - Help is needed

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Mar 8 15:04:03 CET 2016

On Mar 8, 2016, at 2:10 AM, Bacsó Márton Károly <bacsom at hotmail.com> wrote:
> We have been using Freeradius with Daloradius on a Raspberry Pi for almost a year now. Until now everything worked perfectly, but because of a faulty SD card I had to reinstall the system at the weeekend. Now acct-interim-interval doesn’t work. I do get usage data, but only on stops.

  Acct-Interim-Interval is in a message sent to the NAS.  If the NAS ignores it, blame the NAS.

  If FreeRADIUS isn't sending it back, then fix the FreeRADIUS configuration.

> I checked my config files from the original installation and it seems that I managed to replicate all of my settings. Radtest gives back the reply attributes and I didn’t change anything on my APs..  Old system: Raspbian Wheezy, Freeradius 2.x (1.8??, I don’t remember). SQL New system: Raspbian Jessie, Freeradius 2.2.5, SQL Most of our APs are TPLINK901NDs, running OpenWRT. I have attached the the result of freeradius -X. Any help would be greatly appriciated!!! Radtest:Sending Access-Request of id 186 to 127.0.0.1 port 1812

  Don't post the output of radtest.  It's useless.

  Read the debug output.  Look for Acct-Interim-Interval.  It's clearly showing you that it's NOT sending that attribute in the Access-Accept.

  So... the new configuration isn't the same as the old one.  Maybe you missed something?  Such as "use_tunneled_reply" ?