Proxy realms and home_server_pool fallback not working

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Mar 8 17:19:20 CET 2016

On Mar 8, 2016, at 4:24 AM, Peter Lambrechtsen <peter at crypt.co.nz> wrote:
> This doesn't seem to work in 3.0.x head, I will test it on 3.1.x tomorrow.

  I've pushed a fix.

> I think this must work in 3.1 as it doesn't work for me in 3.0.x head from
> last week, as I just tried this and fallback didn't seem to get applied at
> all.

  v3.0.x head worked for me yesterday what I tried that.

  The "fallback" code for home_server_pools is independent of the type of the home_server_pool.

  You may be running into a timer issue... i.e. if the timers are short, the home_server is marked alive, and the fallback is never used.

  I used "radmin" to forcibly set the home_server state to "dead".  That avoids the timer issues, and the fallback works correctly.