FR3.0.11 with ldap + 802.1x + dynamic Vlan assignment.

Vlad Kratsberg vkratsberg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 21:14:25 CET 2016

Hi Freeradius Users,

We are using FR3.0.11 and are trying to set up 802.1x authentication. We
are using eap-gtc inside peap.

Here is what was configured:

1.  mods-available/ldap + symlink to mods-enabled/ldap

2.  mods-enabled/eap
a.  EAP section:  changed default_eap_type to peap
b.  PEAP section:  changed default_eap_type to gtc

3.  mods-config/files/authorize

Added the following:

DEFAULT Ldap-Group == "juniper-admins"
        Service-Type = "Login-User",
        Idle-Timeout = 600,
        Juniper-Local-User-Name = "admin",
        Tunnel-Type = VLAN,
        Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802,
        Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = 505,
        Filter-Id = "USERS-FILTER"

Here is the full debug:

http://pastebin.com/Lugmz3yc

The result:

Ldap works, user gets authenticated, and Access-Accept message is received
however Vlan attributes and Filter-id are not present in Access-Accept.

Freeradius-2.1.12 version returns attributes just fine.

P.S:  The reason why i m not using available RPM  FR_3.0.4 is because when
I perform change number 2.a. (eap section) as described above, freeradius
doesn't recognize it and displays default config:

  eap {
  default_eap_type = "mschapv2"
  timer_expire = 60
  ignore_unknown_eap_types = no