wrong password failures not logged

Stefano Zanmarchi zanmarchi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 16:20:57 CEST 2016

Hi Alan,
but this happens only with freeradius 3 which is running in parallel with a
freeradius 2 server, and when the request from the same supplicant with a
wrong password reaches the freeradius 2 server the "login incorrect"
message appears in its logs!

Moreover, the following lines do not cause the freeradius 3 server to send
Access-Reject?
(7) mschap: Client is using MS-CHAPv2
(7) mschap: ERROR: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect
(7)     [mschap] = reject
(7)   } # Auth-Type MS-CHAP = reject
(7) MSCHAP-Error: ?E=691 R=1 C=6e8acc35f6597bba35a458c113c9cb09 V=3
M=Authentication failed

Thank you,
Stefano