wrong password failures not logged

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Mar 31 17:05:59 CEST 2016

On Mar 31, 2016, at 10:20 AM, Stefano Zanmarchi <zanmarchi at gmail.com> wrote:
> but this happens only with freeradius 3 which is running in parallel with a
> freeradius 2 server, and when the request from the same supplicant with a
> wrong password reaches the freeradius 2 server the "login incorrect"
> message appears in its logs!

  The server has changed from time to time...

> Moreover, the following lines do not cause the freeradius 3 server to send
> Access-Reject?

  Have you tried... oh, I don't know... running the server in debug mode?  And READING the output?

  I mean honestly, if you can cut & paste 6 lines from the debug output here, you can READ the following lines to see if the server sends an Access-Reject.  It's not hard.

  And that would answer your question.

  After 17 years of doing this, I'm amazed at the number of people who just refuse to read the debug output.

  Why?  Just... why?