wrong password failures not logged

Stefano Zanmarchi zanmarchi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 18:10:09 CEST 2016

Hello Alan,
I should have put my question in a more explicit but maybe less polite way.
Let me do it now.
Having read the debugging output, and having performed the same test with
freeradius 2 and freeradius 3, I have come to the conclusion that
freeradius 3 detects mschap failures but does not always log the event,
whereas freeradius 2 does. Why that?

Not having the failure event logged anymore is quite a nuisance because
when a user complains that the network isn't working I can't easily see
from the logs that it's just him typing the wrong password.
It'd be very useful if freeradius could log the "mschap: ERROR:
MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect" in the logs even when not run in debug mode.
Thank you for your great work,
Stefano