Issue with cuisql timing out on FR 3.12

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue May 10 13:07:54 CEST 2016

On May 10, 2016, at 5:59 AM, Alex Sharaz <alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk> wrote:
> So the above is happening because of the mysql backups and hence, every
> morning I get text messages saying both eduroam3 & eduroam4 are down ..
> which they're not.

  Well, yes they mostly are... because the database is down.

> Guess you're going to tell me to fix the mysql database access
> .... or is there something I can do to ignore cui stuff while the database
> is being backed up?

  You can ignore the CUI checks, but the problem will just show up somewhere else.

  If you're going to use MySQL, set up master/slave replication, and have FreeRADIUS write to the master.  Then, back up the slave.

  Or, switch to a real SQL database that doesn't break when people use it.  Sorry... but MySQL is just not good enough.