User login restrictions based on SSID

Eby Mani eby_km at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 17:20:29 CEST 2016

Hi Alan De & Alan Buxey,

There is some confusion going on here. I have already attached freeradius -X output (as text file) in my first mail itself, to which Alan De replied "If only there was some kind of debug log, where you could see what the server was doing".
I assumed he already gone thru the attachment and want to see the radius.log. Thus i have posted contents of radius.log

If you want me to send the freeradius -X output again, i'll post it here. I understand you guys are busy with other activities and I appreciate your involvement here on the mailing list.

cheers,
Eby

 Hi,

 > If the SQL can't connect, how
 authentication work as user details are stored in db?. I was
 able to login thru Radius and i have not enabled Radius
 caching of anysort on my WLAN controller.

 well, it cant.  but if you
 read the output, you'll see it has connected this time.
 i guess
 your SQL wasnt running last
 time..... just read the output!

 > Following is today's radius.log, there
 isn't much info, is there a command to log more info
 regarding this ?.

 run in
 debug mode, not just as a service

 radiusd -X

 or
 freeradius -X on debian/ubuntu package builds.

 > Wed May
 25 14:54:09 2016 : Auth: Login incorrect: [sales/<via
 Auth-Type = EAP>] (from client aruba port 0 via TLS
 tunnel)
 > Wed May 25 14:54:09 2016 :
 Auth: Login incorrect: [sales/<via Auth-Type = EAP>]
 (from client aruba port 0 cli 38192fb2eb02)

 in full debug mode you'd
 see why this failed.

 Wed May 25 16:00:08 2016 : Auth: Login OK: [eby] (from
 client aruba port 0 via TLS tunnel)
 > Wed
 May 25 16:00:08 2016 : Auth: Login OK: [eby] (from client
 aruba port 0 cli e02a82e1afbf)

 and that worked

 alan