FreeRadius 3.0.11 and Winbind

Herwin Weststrate herwin at quarantainenet.nl
Fri Nov 11 13:15:33 CET 2016

On 11-11-16 13:07, Albert K wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am doing a setup has the following criteria. I have setup as per
> instruction from freeradius wiki but stuck with the Dynamic VLAN part.  May
> I know where can I get further information on Authorization for VLAN
> setup?  Thank you for helping.
>
> https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/Active-Directory-direct-via-winbind

That page doesn't (and shouldn't) have a Dynamic VLAN part.

Release 3.0.x can only use winbind to do the authentication: pass a
username and a password-hash-thingy to Active Directory and ask if this
combination is correct.

Release 3.1.x/4.0.x add possibilities to find the groups of the user (I
believe, it might be possible this was only proposed but not yet added).
You can still use the LDAP-protocol to search for the groups of a user
to base the VLAN on that, but that is not related to the winbind
authentication process.

--
Herwin Weststrate