Error sending request: No valid RADIUS responses received

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 12 15:22:58 CEST 2016

On Oct 11, 2016, at 11:31 PM, Greg Larkins via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> Using the oPi as the server, I'm getting authentication errors: "Error
> sending request: No valid RADIUS responses received"

  Then either the shared secret is wrong, or there are network issues which prevent the two systems from talking;

> Debug output for the non-working server:
> Failed binding to authentication address * port 1812: Address already in use
> /etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf[273]: Error binding to port for 0.0.0.0 port
> 1812

 No, that is NOT what we need.

  We need to see what happens when the server receives a packet.

  Stop the background process, and run it in debug mode.  Ensure that the server receives packets.  THAT debug output is useful.