Windows: Client Certificate but User Password

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Wed Sep 7 15:46:01 CEST 2016

Hi,

I want to use FreeRADIUS as the AAA backend for 802.1x portsecurity.

The windows clients should send the username/password (PEAP/MS-CHAPv2) when a
user is logged in.

If no user is logged in, the windows client should send its client certificate.
FR can check that certificate and authorize the client.

My problem is: In Windows 7 I can configure either to use PEAP (Password) OR
certificates. But I cannot choose PEAP for user and certificate for client
authentication.

Has anybody seen this? Anybody for a solution to that problem?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64, +49 (162) 165 0044
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG, 80333 München