return statement failure

John Kristoff jtk at depaul.edu
Thu Sep 22 04:03:55 CEST 2016

Hello freeradius-users@,

Using a packaged version 3.0.4 on a RedHat box I have in a
sites-enabled/default config something that looks like this:

  post-auth {
          if (foo == barr {
                  # do something
                  ok = return
          }

which results in this output with -X:

  /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[...] Invalid return code assigment inside of a if section
  /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[...]: Errors parsing post-auth section.

If I change 'ok = return' to just return this is the result:

  /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[...]: Failed to find "return" in the "modules" section.
  /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[...]: Failed to parse "return" entry.
  /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[...]: Errors parsing post-auth section.

If I remove the line with the 'return' in it, radiusd starts up just
fine.  I must be missing something obvious?  This is adapted from a
prior installation with 2.x, which apparently used to work.

I'm a bit new to using FreeRADIUS and hopefully only a gentle whack
with the clue bat is needed.  Thanks for the clue in advance.

John