Translate authentication requests

Laurens Vets laurens at daemon.be
Fri Sep 23 18:27:31 CEST 2016

Hello list,

I've got FreeRADIUS working with both OpenVPN (Android app + Windows)
and StrongSwan (Android app). Authentication method used is eap-gtc with
SSHA2 passwords. This all works.

I'm now trying to integrate macOS and iOS clients as well, but I'm
having a bit of a problem here. When either client sets up a connection
to StrongSwan, FreeRADIUS receives an MSCHAPv2 request, which obviously
doesn't work with SSHA2 passwords.

Is there a way to either translate or proxy this MSCHAPv2 request into
for instance an EAP-GTC request or is there a way to force the client to
not use MSCHAPv2?