Freeradius Proxy - Framed IP Address Accounting attribute

Byron Jeffery byronjeffery at cem.org.au
Thu Aug 3 13:08:11 CEST 2017

Thanks Matthew for confirming the process.

I had managed to figure out exactly as you had mentioned whereby I would be
getting the IP address during post-auth, thank you for the confirmation.
I looked at the vlan id and then based on that set the pool and then called
dhcp_sqlippool.  I figured that this was the best way to get an IP address
for the client based on the calling-station-id so that I could then have an
IP address for accounting start.  This also meant that the client would be
served the same IP address based on its mac address once it had the access
accept and hit up the DHCP server for an IP address.  In my testing, this
works well.

When you mentioned accounting-start, I could not find any reference to it
other than assume you are referring to the accounting section the the
sites-enabled/default config.  My other thought from research is to use the
copy-acct-to-home-server, would that be correct, or am I wrong?

Fixing the NAS relies on the vendor, which we have been advised that are
working on it.  However, I was of the mindset of building an interim
solution until they release the fix.

Thank you once again for you assistance.

   - Kind Regards

   - Byron Jeffery
   -