No subject

Yoyo Chen bm4acd at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 10:11:31 CET 2017

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out what CoA can do and how to configure it.
I read the documents in official site, and try to google any resources
which can help me. Bad luck.

** Environemnt **
1. I have installed FreeRADIUS 2.1.12 on Ubuntu 14.04, IP: 192.168.10.6
2. A NAS(L2 switch), IP: 192.168.10.7
3. A PC without Wireshark, IP: 192.168.10.8
4. All of them connected by a hub

** Status **
1. I add
client 192.168.10.0/24 {
    secret = 123456
}
in clients.conf, and add
yoyo    Cleartext-Password := 111111
        cisco-avpair = "shell:priv-lvl=10"
in the users
After complete the configuration in NAS, the NAS can get Access-Accept with
AVP correctly.

2. I am stuck on how to move forward on CoA

** Questions need help **
Q1. Is there any article or book can help me to configure about CoA?
Q2. Will FreeRADIUS send CoA-Request out when someone modify the priv-lvl
in users? Or what is a good way for me to test and understand the behavior
of CoA?

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

Sincerely,
陳明正 Yoyo Chen