Session-Timeout Problem

Selahattin Cilek selahattin_cilek at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 3 10:03:54 CET 2017

After sifting through a wealth of diagnostic messages, I have come to
the conclusion that the NAS is the source of the problem.

The Session-Timeout attribute appears in Access-Accept and
Access-Challenge packets only. The NAS is supposed to keep the value of
this attribute in mind for as long as the user is connected, but upon
termination of the first session, it discards the the attribute. After
the first session, there are only Accounting-Start and Accounting-Stop
requests sent from the NAS to FreeRADIUS, and there is no way for
FreeRADIUS to remind the NAS of the Session-Timeout attribute.

I am convinced that the problem is in the AP firmware.

Thank you all for the advice.

---