Maximum number of virtual servers?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Feb 16 00:12:05 CET 2017

Hi,
> We're going to have lots of users from different organizations in one LDAP directory and virtual servers would be a way to have a different basedn when searching for the user accounts for each organization. It isn't a necessity just one option we're looking at.

there are more efficient ways... the virtual_server itself doesnt define the basedn - thats a function of
the LDAP module - so you COULD have many of those.... or, based on your first LDAP lookup
(that "lots of users from different organizations in one LDAP directory") you could get an attribute
(stored in local dictionary) then populate the basedn value in an %{ldap:} query dynamically....

alan