Make Failing during installation of Radius server version 3.0.12

Nathan Ward lists+freeradius at daork.net
Tue Jan 17 07:36:16 CET 2017

> On 17/01/2017, at 7:31 PM, Javed <jaakhtar at cisco.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I tried to remove the folder rlm_eap_fast  and tried making gmake  and got the following stopping point. May anybody is aware of the solution to it?
>
> Last stopping point logs(few last lines):
>
> LINK /data/home/jaakhtar/freeradius-server-3.0.12/build/bin/rbmonkey
> CC src/tests/map/map_unit.c
> LINK /data/home/jaakhtar/freeradius-server-3.0.12/build/bin/map_unit
> INSTALL raddb/sites-enabled
> gmake: execvp: /data/home/jaakhtar/freeradius-server-3.0.12/install-sh: Permission denie                                                                                                                                                     d
> gmake: *** [raddb/sites-enabled] Error 127
>

> I tried redoing it & I got the following snippet error log:
>
> [jaakhtar at pod1043-client03 ~/freeradius-server-3.0.12]$ sudo gmake
> INSTALL raddb/sites-enabled
> gmake: execvp: /data/home/jaakhtar/freeradius-server-3.0.12/install-sh: Permission denied
> gmake: *** [raddb/sites-enabled] Error 127

The error is quite clear, it says “permission denied”. Some basic knowledge of unix systems really is required if you are building things from source.

You are trying to install something to your system, run it as root or another user that has permissions to write to the directory you have directed it to install to.

--
Nathan Ward