Make Failing during installation of Radius server version 3.0.12

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Tue Jan 17 12:27:17 CET 2017

On 17/01/2017 06:36, Nathan Ward wrote:
>> gmake: execvp: /data/home/jaakhtar/freeradius-server-3.0.12/install-sh: Permission denied
>> gmake: *** [raddb/sites-enabled] Error 127
> The error is quite clear, it says “permission denied”. Some basic knowledge of unix systems really is required if you are building things from source.
>
> You are trying to install something to your system, run it as root or another user that has permissions to write to the directory you have directed it to install to.

Or it could be that the execute bit (+x) is not present on install-sh

However it is present on my local git checkout:

$ ls -l install-sh
-rwxr-xr-x  1 brian  staff  5615  6 Oct 19:11 install-sh

And I've checked the published tarball at
ftp://ftp.freeradius.org/pub/freeradius/freeradius-server-3.0.12.tar.gz

$ tar -tvzf freeradius-server-3.0.12.tar.gz | grep install-sh
-rwxrwxr-x  0 root   root     5615 29 Sep 16:19
freeradius-server-3.0.12/install-sh

The OP needs to check how their own source tree was unpacked.