load balanced freeradius

Andrew Meyer andrewm659 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 3 20:31:25 CEST 2017

I'm looking to setup FreeRADIUS to work with FreeIPA (AD replacement) and have my network gear authenticate to it.  I am doing all the testing in my home lab and writing my own instructions.  So I can really create a VIP, but I can use HAProxy.
And I did have this setup about 3 weeks ago.  But I tore it all down to do it the right way and document the procedure for all steps required.

    On Monday, July 3, 2017 1:20 PM, Brendan Kearney <bpk678 at gmail.com> wrote:

 On 07/03/2017 01:51 PM, Andrew Meyer via Freeradius-Users wrote:
> Is there a way to setup FreeRADIUS with HAProxy?
> I know that FreeRADIUS can do TCP.  But is it worth it to set it up like this or just setup the mysql backend?
> Also can I do mysql backend with LDAP?
> Thank you!
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

why not continue using UDP, for the speed/performance, and setup anycast
to share load between your FR instances? i do, and have no issues at all.

not sure what you mean about mysql and ldap?  i point to mysql (actually
mariadb) for audit, etc, and that is a load balanced VIP of 3 instances
behind HAProxy.  I also point to Kerberos/LDAP for AuthN/AuthZ
respectively.  what are you looking to do?

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html