load balanced freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 3 20:46:02 CEST 2017

On Jul 3, 2017, at 1:51 PM, Andrew Meyer via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> Is there a way to setup FreeRADIUS with HAProxy?

  If HAproxy blindly forwards TCP connections, just use that.

> I know that FreeRADIUS can do TCP.  But is it worth it to set it up like this or just setup the mysql backend?

  It's generally not worth doing haproxy.  RADIUS loads are usually small.

  And I have no idea what haproxy on the front-end has to do with MySQL on the back-end.  They are completely independent.

> Also can I do mysql backend with LDAP?

  You can use MySQL and LDAP at the same time, yes.