eap: Freeradius proxy doesn't work with EAP PEAP auth

Danilo Raspa danilo.raspa at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 13:06:12 CEST 2017

Hi Alan,
Thank you for your time.
I removed the extra changes and now I'm at the same situation that I was in
the first mail, now I added "nostrip" for my realm.
I remember you that I modified the mods-enabled/eap with this two lines:

eap {

        default_eap_type = peap
        proxy_tunneled_request_as_eap = no
        [..]
}

Now when I tried to login I can read the folling lines from Radius server
log:

(20)  # Executing group from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel
(20)    authenticate {
(20)   eap : Expiring EAP session with state 0x6ddc6af26dd57012
(20)   eap : Finished EAP session with state 0x6ddc6af26dd57012
(20)   eap : Previous EAP request found for state 0x6ddc6af26dd57012,
released from the list
(20)   eap : Peer sent method MSCHAPv2 (26)
(20)   eap : EAP MSCHAPv2 (26)
(20)   eap : Calling eap_mschapv2 to process EAP data
(20)   eap_mschapv2 : # Executing group from file
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel
(20)   eap_mschapv2 :  Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
(20)    WARNING: mschap : No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create
LM-Password
(20)    WARNING: mschap : No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create
NT-Password
(20)    mschap : Creating challenge hash with username:
danilo.raspa at realm_example.com
(20)    mschap : Client is using MS-CHAPv2
(20)    ERROR: mschap : FAILED: No NT/LM-Password.  Cannot perform
authentication
(20)    ERROR: mschap : MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect
(20)     [mschap] = reject
(20)    } # Auth-Type MS-CHAP = reject

Thank you in advance

Danilo