How to do FreeRADIUS understand the ssh encrypted password that is passed?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jul 27 19:55:59 CEST 2017

On Jul 27, 2017, at 1:22 PM, Kalil de A. Carvalho <kalilac at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have my enviroment working fine for telnet access, my FreeRADIUS server
> is doing the user search on LDAP with no problem but, when I use any ssh
> session is passed a encryped password that RADIUS

  What does that mean?

  It's almost always best to post the actual debug output.  That is much clearer than vague descriptions.

> try to use with LDAP
> database, found the user but the password is considered wrong and regect my
> access.

  My *guess* is that the SSH session is set up to use PAM.  And that PAM is mangling to the password to "invalid" or some such string.

  Again, reading the debug output would show you this.

> I searched for configuration and what I saw it is very similar whith I have
> here. The unic diference is that I am using a EdgeRouter Lite but I am
> folling the documentation and using the GUI tool.
>
> Can any one help me?

  Post the debug output as suggested in the "man" page, FAQ, web pages, and daily on this list.