sending Filter-Id to another accounting server - need help

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 1 20:22:45 CET 2017

On Mar 1, 2017, at 2:11 PM, Eby Mani via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> How do i configure freeradius to send user based Filter-Id to an accounting server?. Each user will have different Filter-Id value, users without any Filter-Id string will be denied access on the another NAS(listen only).
>
> I have the following in post-auth section of sites-enabled/default
>
> update reply {
> Filter-Id = "%{sql:SELECT `value` FROM `radreply` WHERE
> `username`='%{User-Name}';}
> }

  That updates the Access-Accept.

> Freeradius is sending Filter-Id back to the user connected NAS, but not to the accounting server(another NAS, listen only).

  I have no idea what that means.

> To which section should i add the update reply{} section in copy-acct-to-home-server file ? or is there a special command to include Filter-Id ?.

  I have no idea what that means, either.

  Please explain what you want to do.  This time, using more detail.  What packet is the server receiving?  What has to be updated?  What packet is the server sending?

  Your question assumes that we already know what you're doing.  We don't.  You need to explain it.