Freeradius with LDAP and in second LDAP Authorization or Proxying

Jörn Volkhausen volkhausen.joern at gmx.de
Mon Mar 13 09:03:25 CET 2017

Good Morning
i have a problem with the Set-Up i have to do.
we have two types of costumers (managed and unmanaged). In our Setup we
get all access-requests to the same radius server.
In this radius Server then we have to decide if we have to proxying the
request (unmanaged costumer) or authorize against our
LDAP server (unmanaged costumer).
The information if the costumer ist managed/unmanaged along with proxy
and user information is in the same ldap and i have
to query it first for deciding what to do.
Is such a setup possible with freeradius?

My specs:
Ubuntu 16.04
FreeRADIUS Version 2.2.8 (2.2.8+dfsg-0.1build2 from apt)

The basic setup with authorization/authentication against the ldap is
running very well, but the extension with the unmanaged
costumers give my head ache. I need help to find the right direction to run.

Thanks Jörn