Compiling freeRadius with latest OPENSSL

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 23 13:59:07 CET 2017

On Nov 22, 2017, at 11:52 PM, kavita jindal <kavita.jindal at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am compiling freeradius using:
>
> ./configure --with-openssl-includes=/usr/include/
> --with-openssl-libraries=/usr/lib/ CPPFLAGS="-I /usr/include/openssl/"
> CFLAGS="-I /usr/include/openssl/"

  That doesn't make sense.  You're supposed to pass the paths to --with-openssl-, NOT as CPPFLAGS and CFLAGS.

  In short, if you're not familiar with customizing software, you shouldn't customize software.

> Also i have verified the path and they contain SSL header files.
>
> Since the error is below "*fr_tls_status_t unknown"  ..* this is defined
> in \freeradius-server-3.0.x\src\include\tls-h .
> Why the corresponding .h file is not present.

  Because the "configure" process didn't find OpenSSL.  If you read the output of "configure", it will tell you what's going on.

  Honestly, find an OS which has OpenSSL 1.1.0 pre-installed, and use that.