Freeradius 3.0.4-8.el7_3.x86_64 Update or not necessary ?

Stefan Paetow Stefan.Paetow at jisc.ac.uk
Mon Oct 16 16:14:30 CEST 2017

>>> I ask if is very necessary to update my actual version of FreeRadius ?
>>> Actually i have a version 3.0.4-8.el7_3.x86_64 on Linux.
>>>
>>> Can you confirm ?
>>>

>> Short version: if you have redhat subscription, ask them.

> ...and just to add Alan and Fajar are not being facetious.
> The code referred to by RHEL version numbers often contains many
> patches that weren't in the original release of that version.
> We have absolutely no idea what fixes 3.0.4 contains.

There was a recent communication from the team at RedHat who are responsible for FreeRADIUS package there that mentioned that they would rebase to a very recent version. I am not sure whether this was the 3.0.14 release or not (if it is, it’s already out of date given 3.0.15 has been out for some time).

With Regards

Stefan Paetow
Moonshot Industry & Research Liaison Coordinator

t: +44 (0)1235 822 125
gpg: 0x3FCE5142
xmpp: stefanp at jabber.dev.ja.net
skype: stefan.paetow.janet