pam_radius_auth.so authentication algorithm

Oussama BOUNAIM o.bounaim at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 16:42:57 CEST 2017

Hello,

I want to setup a centralized authentication on all my Linux servers. To do
so, I'am trying to setup Radius authentication on a Windows Active
Directory (with the NPS role) using the PAM module pam_radius_auth.so
https://freeradius.org/sub_projects/.

The authentication works, however, the NPS (Radius Server) is complaining
about the authentication method used by pam_radius_auth.so. It says that
the client is using PAP insecure PAP protocol.

I didn't find any parameter on the module documentation
<https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/pam_radius> to change this behavior.
Does pam_radius_auth.so support other secure protocol like CHAP ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,