ERROR: No Auth-Type found: rejecting the user via Post-Auth-Type = Reject

Andrea Passuello andrea.passuello at widegroup.eu
Fri Sep 1 16:04:24 CEST 2017

Many thanks for the reply.

> On Sep 1, 2017, at 9:22 AM, Andrea Passuello <
> andrea.passuello at widegroup.eu> wrote:
> > With the previous FR version (2.2.5) everything work fine and I was able
> > authenticate my LDAP'users.
> >
> > Now I am trying to replicate my configuration but I receive this error:
> >
> > ERROR: No Auth-Type found: rejecting the user via Post-Auth-Type = Reject
>
> >  It helps to read ALL of the debug output.

> > (0) ldap: EXPAND (uid=%{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}})
> > (0) ldap:    --> (uid=MYUSER)
> > (0) ldap: Performing search in "dc=MYCOMPANY,dc=MYDOMAIN" with filter
> > "(uid=MYUSER)", scope "sub"
> > (0) ldap: Waiting for search result...
> > (0) ldap: User object found at DN "uid=MYUSER,ou=people,dc=
> > MYCOMPANY,dc=MYDOMAIN"
> > (0) ldap: Processing user attributes
> > (0) ldap: WARNING: No "known good" password added. Ensure the admin user
> > has permission to read the password attribute
>
> >  That message should be clear.

Now I have this warning

(0) ldap: WARNING: No "known good" password added. Ensure the admin user
has permission to read the password attribute

but, with the previous version, I had a similar warning and everything
worked fine.

WARNING: No "known good" password was found in LDAP.  Are you sure that the
user is configured correctly?

> > (0) ldap: WARNING: PAP authentication will *NOT* work with Active
> Directory
> > (if that is what you were trying to configure)
>
>   That message should also be clear.
>
>   So are you using Active Directory?

No I am not using Active Directory....I don't understand why that message
appears....

>   If so, follow the guide here:
>
> http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_directory.html
>
>   Alan DeKok.
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/
> list/users.html

Thanks Alan.

Andrea

--

Avvertenze ai sensi del D.Lgs.196 del 30/06/2003
files allegati, sono da considerarsi strettamente riservati. Il loro

--

This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise
protected by work, product, immunity or other legal rules. If you have