monitor an eap session in a production environment with a lot of devices

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 28 19:20:11 CEST 2017

On Sep 28, 2017, at 12:11 PM, Marco Santantonio <marco.santantonio at unito.it> wrote:

> I'm newbie in freeradius. With a lot of debug and test I understand how server works (and I find it great) but i'm struggling to understand and debug problems such as retransmissions, timeouts and similar situations because I can not reproduce them and study them.

  The only real answer here is to:

a) read the RFCs.  RFC 5080 for one

b) read the FreeRADIUS config files

c) read the FreeRADIUS source code.

  Most of the time, administrators don't need to know how it works.  They just need to know that it *does* work.

  The only time you need to know exactly how all of this works is when you're writing your own RADIUS server.