radius.log into filebeat

Burn Zero burnzerog at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 08:17:45 CEST 2018

Hi Alex,

I have configured radius.log to filebeat and then filebeat ( I use
5.6.5 version ) sends it to logstash for processing. You just need to
simply install the filebeat software and then open filebeat.yml:

-
  paths:
    - /var/log/radius/radius.log
  document_type: radius_log

include_lines: ['Auth'] # this is to only ship log lines that contain
the word Auth. You can also ship specific logs similarly by adding the
keyword here.

Then you need to write the grok filter codes in the logstash to
process it and send it to elastic.

Regards,
BurnZer0