RESTful API

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Dec 18 12:56:05 CET 2018

> On Dec 17, 2018, at 11:15 PM, Daniel Kong <daniel.kongyh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I know you guys are very busy helping the rest but I hope you can help me
> with this. I would like freeradius to authenticate with 3rd party
> application via REST API. I do have the configuration like below.
>
> connect_uri = "http://10.18.6.22:8081/apps/"
> authenticate {
> uri = "${..connect_uri}/user/%{User-Name}/%{User-Password}"
> method = "get"
> }

  OK...

> Problem is that I do not know what to be included in the request and
> response for every authenticate, authorize, post-auth, and accounting. For
> the response, I just include the HTTP status is sufficient for
> authentication? How about the response for authorize, post-auth, and
> accounting?

  You don't need to include anything in the response.  The documentation describes how the module works and what it does.

  FreeRADIUS treats the REST API as just another database.  There's no "requirement" to put anything into SQL, so there's no requirement to put anything in REST.

> If the freeRadius is configured to use RESTful API, does other post-auth,
> authorize, and accounting can be use with mysql so that only authentication
> is using rest?

  Yes.  You just list "rest" in the authenticate section, and "sql" elsewhere.