How to use sqlcounter to disconnect a user after reaching the daily quota?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 8 02:43:17 CET 2018

On Jan 7, 2018, at 2:29 PM, Houman <houmie at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) When I said it doesn't work, I meant I tried to replicate your previous
> solution by utilising radgroupcheck instead of radcheck. And I have
> explained the steps I have taken to make this possible. Would you say I
> have missed any step?

  What does the FAQ say about "it does't work"?

  If only there was some "debug output" that told you what the server was doing...

> 2) What is the purpose of groupname field in radacct table then? I was
> expecting freeradius to check that the user belongs to that group in
> radusergroup and then would automatically fill that field as well in
> radacct next to everything it already does.

  Does the SQL module documentation say that happens?

  Does the debug log show that happens?

  Do the default queries have "group name" in them?

  Honestly, this isn't magic.  The server doesn't magically do things.  It does exactly what it's configured to do.  It does what it's documented to do.  It shows what it does in the debug output.

  All you need to do is to read the documentation, and to read the debug output.  If you're not doing that, then you won't get anything done.