freeradius high cpu load

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jan 18 17:56:15 CET 2018

On Jan 18, 2018, at 11:34 AM, Bassem Mettichi <mettichi at gmail.com> wrote:
> i don't understand why your answers are always like this,

  Clearly.

  You ask vague questions.  We ask for more information, and you refuse.

  How, exactly, do you expect us to help you?

> if you don't like
> to give a hand you don't need to write me any thing you didn't answered any
> question i have posted on the this list always you blame me

  Yes.  You don't answer questions we ask.  You don't follow instructions.

  So it's simple.  Do you want to fix the problem?  Or do you want to ask questions, and then ignore everything we tell you?

> i don't like
> why, you have to trusted me, iam using Redhat 7.1, on this machine i have
> 4VCPU + 8GB RAM, iam using freeradius with rediswho for accounting and
> freeradius with rlm_perl for authentication,

  You keep saying that.  I keep asking you for more information.  You *always* refuse to give more information.

  Do you understand that I'm asking questions for a *reason*?  That I really, truly, do need more information in order to help you?  That I'm *trying* to help you?  And that you insist on making it as hard as possible for me to help you?

> iam doing a performnce tests
> because the Customer has a lot of trafic that is why i have stopped using
> MYSQL and iam using now redis database, the Customer need 10000 accounting
> start / seconde

  It's not trivial to create such a system.  If you don't know how to build a system which does 10K packets per second, then you shouldn't promise people that you can build one.

> but i have now reached only 6000 accounting start / second
> because of the high cpu use of radiusd process on the system when i execute
> top command i see only radiusd running and used the totality of the 4 VCPU
> please

  Which means you're looking at *very* high level information.  And (like on this list) refusing to look at any more *detailed* information which can help you solve the problem.

> if you can't help me don't tell any thing, i don't need for your
> blame.

  Yes, you do.  It's *your* fault that you refuse to answer any questions I ask.

  It's simple: either answer the questions we ask, or stop posting on the list.  We ask questions because we need more information.  If you refuse to give us information, you are making it impossible for us to help you.

  And, if you complain that I'm being mean and unhelpful, you will be unsubscribed from the list, and permanently banned from it.

  This list is for people who want to solve problems.  People who post the same question over and over and over, and then ignore all attempts to help them are NOT welcome here.