Freeradius server: Issue running Radius -X

doc barton docbarton42 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 16:54:45 CET 2018

I'm using RHEL6 and I've been tasked to build a freeradius server by my
organization.

Everything is done through VM, so I'm not able to copy and paste info.
However, I will type specifically the issue I am having.

When I run the radisus -X, I received the following error.

Failed binding to dhcp interface lo address 255.255.255.255 port 6700 as
server dhcp: Address already in use /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/dhcp[126]:
Error binding to port for 255.255.255.255 port 6700

Please assist me with this.

Gary