Freeradius realm using multiple sql and virtual server

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jun 24 00:57:34 CEST 2018

On Jun 23, 2018, at 12:30 PM, Philemon Jaomalaza <philemon.jaomalaza at gmail.com> wrote:

> All packets come from different NAS and each NAS must authenticate its users to a specific database, I thought a virtual server will select which database should I use because I saw that it calls the modules sql. and I would configure sql1 on virtual_server1 and sql2 on virtual_server2 and so on.

  Yes, that should happen if FreeRADIUS is configured properly.

> My global scenario are :
>
> - Now, I have more Virtual Machine where run a freeradius, using database managed by daloradius for AAA and one NAS is for one VM.
> - I want to move all database on a single dedicated server who run a freeradius using multiple database. I want to that One NAS will authentificated their users on spcific database, I think that I can do the selection of database by using the virtuel server et do the select by realm.
> like this :
> NAS1-----> userfromnas1 at realm1------virtual_server---->database1
> NAS2 ----userfromnas2 at realm2------virtual_server2-------> database2

  It's really more:

NAS1-----> virtual_server1----> userfromnas1 at realm1---->database1

  It may also be good to check that people logging in at "NAS1" only use "realm1:.

  As I said:

>  Read raddb/sites-available/README.  This documents how virtual servers work.

  Edit each "client" definition, and point the client to the proper virtual server. The documentation for this is in the file I already suggested you should read.