No subject

Nidhal Taleb n.taleb at me.com
Fri Jun 29 11:40:07 CEST 2018

Hi all,

FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.15 here.

We have a working freeradius server acting as a proxy for our customers. All customers go through the same clients pool. Clients as intended in /etc/freeradius/clients.

For some new need we need to change the behavior of our server for a certain type of requests - an existing realm must now be processed locally by the server and not as a proxy -. I thought about implementing this through the use of virtual servers. It works well in our testing environment but it’s time to test it in production.

The way I understand virtual servers is that they must be « declared » under the client configuration in the /etc/freeradius/clients file.

The problem I am facing is that in doing so, I implement the change on all incoming authentication requests whereas I would have preferred to do so on a unique user just to be sure it would work in the production environment.

Anyone has an idea?

Thx